I am passionate about supporting parents as they navigate the child, adolescent, and teen years. These years can be some of the most important and rewarding while also the most challenging.
I have spent the last 5 years working with families and supporting parents by providing the insight and understanding they need to better cope with the ups and downs of parenting.
Parents often feel lost as to what is going on with their children and how to support them and can often struggle to allow themselves the same care and validation that they want for their children.
Parents all have unique challenges. I have supported parents dealing with children with emotion regulation issues, depression, and anxiety as well as children at risk. I have worked with families of all types navigating life stressors like challenging family dynamics, changing family structure, and co-parenting. No issue is too big or too small- whatever your challenge is I am here to navigate it with you.
Samantha works exclusively with parents of older children (4 years and older) and specializes in supporting parents of adolescents and teens and parents of children struggling with significantly mental health issues (i.e depression, anxiety, self-harm, personality disorders)
- Prenatal Anxiety & Depression
- Postpartum Anxiety & Depression
- Personal Healing & Growth
- Birth trauma
- Mood Disorders (Anxiety, Depression)
- Emotion Regulation
- Parenting Support and skills
- Life stressors
- Family Therapy
- Adolescent and Teens Personality Disorders
- Youth at risk (Disordered Eating, Substance use, Self-harm, School avoidance)
- Registered Psychotherapist, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Masters of Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University
- Bachelors of Psychology, Queens University
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Level 2T
- Trauma-Informed Practice
- Trauma-focused Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Level 1
- Accelerated Cognitive Therapy for Anxiety Certification
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy for Emotion Regulation
- Motivational Interviewing with Adolescents Certification
- Family Systems Therapy Certification
- Child and Youth Eating Disorders
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical-Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
She / Her
Therapist - MA, RP