I’m passionate about working with parents because I recently became one myself! Being a new parent has given me firsthand insight into the challenges of adapting to parenthood. I bring this compassion to my practice.
I’ve been a registered psychotherapist since 2017 and I received my Masters in Education with a Specialization in Counselling. Since then, I’ve practiced cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness and solution-focused therapy with both individuals and families.
My clients describe me as a personable and compassionate person. I decided to become a therapist because I’ve always enjoyed helping others. For me, it’s rewarding to see people grow as individuals.
"Priya is a compassionate therapist who has worked with a wide range of clients. She uses a client-centered approach because she feels it helps clients take an active lead in their sessions and enables them to discover their own characteristic strengths and solutions."
- Postpartum support
- Pregnancy support
- Parenting supports
- Couples counselling
- Life changes and stress
- Masters of Educational University of Ottawa
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Mindfulness training offered through Work Place options
- Positive Psychology offered through Mental Health Academy
- Borderline Personality offered through CTRI
- Trauma and youth offered through the Royal Ottawa Hospital
- Solution-focused therapy
- mindfulness therapy
- positive psychology
She / Her
Therapist - RP