As a therapist and a mother, I have had a wide range of experiences with children, families, and couples in all stages of life and in different settings.
My passion is to praise you for connecting with your children and to be the accepting voice when you are facing challenges or feeling like you are not at your best. I want to support you and your family to move forward when situations are not comfortable. I am a person who seeks learning opportunities so I can be the best support to my clients. I have worked with mothers, fathers, and grandparents trying to navigate relationship and parenting challenges. I understand how hard and rewarding the journey can be. I would like to walk beside you on this journey.
"Lauren works to provide an open and non-judgemental space to assist clients in holding uncomfortable feelings and thoughts and to thereby increase awareness, psychological flexibility, and resilience. She believes in and promotes clients’ abilities and strengths to thicken their narratives in creating new paths and possibilities."
- Pregancy anxiety and depression
- Postpartum anxiety and depression
- Parenting skill development
- Couples counselling
- Grief counselling
- Family therapy with children
- Parenting supports
- University of Guelph, Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Nutrition
- Masters of Art in Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University
- PESI – Treating Trauma with Internal Family Systems (IFS) with Dr. Anderson, introduction to EMDR with Dr. Sweeton, and an introductory course on Personality Disorder with Dr. Lester
- Psychwire – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT skills course), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Rural Response for Healthy Children - Supporting children through grief
- Couples Institute – Developmental Model for couples counselling with Dr. Bader (in progress)
- National Institute of Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine (NICABM) – Polyvagal Theory, Treating Trauma Master Series 2018 and How to Work with Shame
- Curious and open
- Neuroscience informed
She / Her
Therapist - MA, RP