As a therapist and someone traveling on the road of parenthood, I am passionate about supporting others on their journey through the many ups and downs of parenting. My journey to parenthood is so much more difficult than I had expected. As a result of my losses and experiences, I am passionate about working alongside other parents at different stages of their parenting journey to create new paths and possibilities.
In my work, I aim to support parents and families to tune into their values, needs, and goals and work collectively to challenge any obstacles that may arise by utilizing a client-centered approach that is strengths-based, trauma-informed, and most importantly, collaborative – as I wholeheartedly believe that we are all the experts of our own lived experiences. Within my practice, I am passionate about creating a safe and comfortable space for parents to be seen and heard to move forward in their healing journey.
"Danielle is warm, empathetic, and non-judgmental in her therapeutic approach. She is passionate about supporting parents in addressing their challenges and reaching their goals through a collaborative and flexible approach."
- Personal Healing & Growth
- Pregnancy Planning
- Prenatal Anxiety & Depression
- Birth trauma
- Postpartum Anxiety & Depression
- Bereavement Therapy (pre/postnatal)
- Perinatal loss
- Life Stressors
- Single Parenting
- Bachelor of Science – Nutrition and Family Science – University of Prince Edward Island
- Bachelor of Social Work – Dalhousie University
- Master of Social Work (Qualifying) – Dalhousie University
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Trauma-Informed Training
- ASIST Training
- Group Facilitation Training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (in progress)
She / Her
Therapist - MSW, RSWC