As a new parent myself, I’m passionate about supporting other parents through the many ups and downs of parenthood. My transition to motherhood was so much more difficult than I had expected it to be. The experience has fuelled my passion to support, validate and walk alongside other parents in their journey through parenthood.
After spending many years as a child and youth worker, living and working across Canada, I felt I needed more skills to better support the youth I was working with. I chose to pursue counselling and psychotherapy that was client-centered, strength-based and evidence-based.
I love to explore the outdoors year-round with my one-year-old daughter and partner. I enjoy hiking, skiing, swimming and just about anything that involves a beautiful view!
"Christina is a compassionate and empathetic person who’s passionate about helping others uncover their strengths, while working through both the wonderful and difficult transitions in our lives."
- Transitions to parenthood
- Parenting supports
- Self-esteem & personal development
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum supports
- Masters of Arts in Educational Counselling (University of Ottawa, 2015)
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT), Level 1, Gail Palmer, MSW, RMFT
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Attachment Science in Practice, Sue Johnson,Ed,D, C. Psych
- Family Play Therapy - Don Chafe, RMFT
- Developing Children’s Skills in Managing Anxiety: A Narrative Approach, Karen Young, MSW, RSW
- Train the Trainer - Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Assault, University of British Columbia
- Facilitator: Strengthening Families for the Future, CAMH
- Motivational Interviewing
- Grief Counselling
- Client-centered & Strength-based
- Anti-oppressive, inclusive & culturally sensitive
- Emotionally-Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Positive Psychology & Mindfulness
She / Her
Therapist - RP