Transitions can be a challenge to navigate on our own, and the transition to parenthood is no different. This is why, as both a mother and a therapist, I believe in the importance of supporting parents through the many stages of this journey, from prenatal to postpartum and beyond. I have been practicing psychotherapy since 2013 with a specialization in child and family therapy. After the birth of my first child, in 2017, I began to specialize in working with the perinatal population.
As a mother to three, I have experienced, firsthand, the gap in mental health support for parents. I am passionate about helping to bridge that gap through individual, family, and couple's therapy, psychoeducation, and community building. Parenting can be both exciting and daunting. My aim is to support parents through the transitions of this transformative stage of life.
"Alison is empathic and open. She uses a client-centered and collaborative approach to support people throughout their therapeutic journey."
- Pregnancy anxiety and depression
- Postpartum anxiety and depression
- Birth trauma
- Perinatal loss and grief
- Prenatal counselling
- Relationships/couples counselling
- Parenting Support
- Co-Parenting Counselling
- Master of Arts in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Spirituality Saint Paul University
- Perinatal Mental Health Training, Canadian Perinatal Mental Health Trainings
- Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training, Postpartum Support international
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing
- Multisystemic Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy Training
- Mindfulness-based CBT Training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- motivational interviewing