Motherhood has been the most rewarding and satisfying personal journey and yet it has and continues to be filled with its own challenges and constant adaptation as my children age.
As a mother of three, I can attest that each child is different and has provided a unique experience. I have gone through blissful pregnancies, easy births that went according to a birth plan, an effortless breastfeeding relationship and the complete and total opposite. Undergoing postpartum mood disorders, pregnancy loss, a traumatic birth, and a NICU baby stay was also a part of my lived experience.
I understand the importance of finding a safe community to talk through fears, pain, and grief while also celebrating parenting wins and receiving encouragement. As a mother, I am also always looking for new ways to meet the demands of my growing children, nurture my marriage and fulfill my identity outside of all of those relationships.
Throughout my careers prior to counselling, I have always enjoyed training and supporting people in achieving their personal best and professional goals. Becoming a mother can impact identity, career, marriage, friendships, family, health and life’s priorities which makes the transition both exciting and overwhelming. As a therapist, my goal is to understand your values, and needs to help you achieve a fulfilling parenting journey that meets the daily demands of life while finding joy.
- Prenatal Anxiety & Depression
- Postpartum Anxiety & Depression
- Transition to parenthood
- Parenting skill development
- Emotional regulation
- Mood Disorders (Anxiety & Depression)
- Birth trauma
- Perinatal loss and grief
- Prenatal counselling
- Relationships/couples counselling
- Step family dynamics and co-parenting
- Adolescent development and parenting supports
- Masters in Counselling with a specialization in Marriage and Family
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre Design and Management
- Structural Family Therapy (alliances, coalition, boundaries, hierarchy, reframing, joining, family mapping)
- Systems Family Therapy (differentiation, triangulation, emotional systems, family projection, multigenerational transmission, sibling position)
- Solution-focused Training
- CBT Training with mindfulness
- Perinatal Mental Health Training
- My therapy style will match your needs and personality. I pull from cognitive behavioural, mindfulness, narrative, person-centred, solution-focused, family systems, structural family and attachment based approaches to help empower your overall mental health and resilience.